Wednesday, 20 January 2010

Actually Riding

Okay, well oops. I did promise that I was going to do this after every time I rode, but as you can see I have failed at that one. So I am going to try and remember to do it with the help of a friend (Alex, because you consistently remind me I have to.) 


So, I have ridden and few times since the snow has eased up, and he has been great! I have only been filmed twice :( But he has been great both times. I feel like we are actually coming together, not only riding, but on the ground as well.
 
Last year was a lot of frustration, I started a new school so my time we him was cut significantly, I couldn't really ride and I was SO nervous about everything I did with him. 


This year (I know its not even been a month) it seems things have come together. I have learnt so much about how to ride him and him in general. He has been schooled by an instructor as well for the past year, so that has obviously helped heaps :D

I have been really trying when I ride him, going in with an actual plan rather than 'oh lets see how I feel'.




Anyway, the past Sunday I did a bit of jumping :) I haven't jumped properly since Summer and was very nervous because I usually have an AWFUL position, or I set him up completely wrong and drop him the last stride.
 
We didn't go high, but focused on position, stride and impulsion. He was fab!


He was picking up and just ahhh. Can't really say anything so since a photo is worth 1000 words, here are some freeze frames :)


Video coming soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment