Monday, 30 March 2009

Sleepy Sam.

I arrived at the yard bright and early [9:30] and got told that my horse had gotten out Saturday night, gone into the sand school and had a good role. His rugs were covered in sand and he looked very happy with himself when I got there. Like 'hehe, I had fun last night.'

Then I rode in the 10:30 group lesson and he seemed....dead[?]. Lesson was okayyy. Jumped biggish. My dad took some lovely photos, but Blogger is being stupid and not allowing any :/. Then I washed his legs and tended his mud fever and that jazz. Put him away and went and took some AMAZING photos of Tessie and Apollo and my friends jumping on foot :). I came back to brush Sam at about 3:30, but he was asleep <3.>

Then today, got down, mucked out and brushed him. Lead in a lesson and gave my old share pony [who was in the lesson] a good groom and gave her hay and water, while she cooled off in the shade :). Put Sam out in the sand school and he had a good old roll. When I rode him after lunch, I worked on straight lines and our inclines and centre line turns. He was good, slightly...cautious[?], but good. Did some no stirrups, good again. THEN, I opened the gate on my own and closed in when I went in!! I was so happy :P

THEN, there is a mare at our yard that has just had a foal, it is like 4 days old and they put it out into the sand school because it was getting to fresh in the stable. Sam was on the yard and the second he saw her, he was calling to her trying to get her attention and holding his tail up and puffing his chest out and flaring his nostrils :) He looked GORGEOUS!!

Anyway, so good today. Got a lesson together with Alex and Liv, Liv should be on Buddy and Alex will be on either Harvey or Dimple. Should be good :) 

Byee

No comments:

Post a Comment